United States of America
Paddleboarding the Colorado River
Paddle down one of the best Sup spots in Utah
- The best time to try this paddle is during the spring time or in the height of fall, when you will not only experience more pleasant, manageable temperatures but capture some colourful photos along the way.
- There are a few ways to paddle board the Colorado River from the town of Moab. You can hop on a shuttle bus to your chosen launch point and then easily paddle back downstream twisting and turning with the river, all the way until you reach Moab.
- Or if the shuttle isn’t quite your scene, you can drive out along route 128, park up on the side of the road and paddle up stream, before floating back to your launch point. Both options are great if you have your inflatable paddle board with you, as you can easily pump up your board, hit the water and take your kit with you, while you explore.
- Another great option is paddling up river directly from Moab, and slowly make your way back downstream to your vehicle, soaking up the beautiful views as you go.
- No matter which launch option you choose, this entire stretch of the Colorado River makes for beautiful paddling.
Gravel parking lot on side of the road approx.10miles from Moab on the Scenic Byway 128.
There are several places to launch along the 128 Byway.
Essen und Trinken
Moab has several cool and quirky restaurants. One of our favorites is the Sunset Grill where you can enjoy a cold beer on the top of a cliff and look down the valley – a perfect spot to kickback and watch the sunset across the desert.
There are several accommodation options in the town, from camping under the stars, right up to 4-star hotels. The Lazy Lizard hostel is great option for the budget traveler, offering a cabin with air-conditioning and for a reasonable $40 USD / night.
SUP in Norway, Nærøyfjord
National Geographic Traveller Magazine’ voted the fjords of Norway the number one "unspoiled travel spot" from a list of 115 destinations around the world.
SUP into Budapest, Hungary
SUP down Europe’s second longest river and explore the flat, calm waters and riverside villages of the picturesque Danube. Paddle boarding the Danube is a really great way of exploring the spectacular views and small beaches that are...
SUP and Explore, Salem Willows
Salem Willows is located at the end of Salem Neck, a mile-long peninsula jutting out between Salem Harbor and Beverly Harbor in Massachusetts, USA. The park itself is host to an old-time feeling arcade, several take out options for...